Applied Discrete Mathematics and Cryptography
Special semester on Multivariate Algorithms and their Foundations in Number Theory
including a Workshop on Pseudo-Randomness and Finite Fields
- Nurdagül Anbar-Meidl accepted an offer for a FWF-funded postdoc position at JKU Linz
- Postdoctoral lecture qualification (Habilitation) of László Mérai, Eötvös Loránd University Budapest
- Start of FWF project ‘Bent Functions and Generalizations and APN Functions’ led by Wilfried Meidl.
Laszlo Merai has been granted the FWF stand-alone project ‘Pseudorandomness and Cryptography:
Number Theoretic Methods’.
Wilfried Meidl won the best paper award of WAIFI 2018
for his paper with Thor Martinsen, Alexander Pott and Pantelimon Stanica entitled “On symmetry and
differential properties of generalized Boolean functions”.
Start of FWF project Additive Combinatorics over Finite Fields and Applications
led by Arne Winterhof (co-PI: Oliver Roche-Newton)
- Zhimin Sun started a Scholarship of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Wilfried Meidl substituted a professorship at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- Arne Winterhof declined an offer for a W3 Professorship at the University of Rostock
- Book on Applied Number Theory by Harald Niederreiter and Arne Winterhof
- Oliver Roche-Newton accepted an Associate Professorship at Wuhan University
- Start of FWF project Functions with Special Walsh Transforms led by Wilfried Meidl