- Georg Regensburger was granted the FWF project 'Algebra and algorithms for integro-differential equations'.
- Arne Winterhof accepted an invitation to join the editorial board of the International Journal of Computer Mathematics.
- Dr. Ankik Kumar Giri is going to join as Assistant Professor at Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee as of July 1, 2014.
- Funding for a "High-Performance Computer in Computational and Applied Mathematics" in the framework of the "New Frontiers Research Infrastructure Programme 2013" was granted by the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- Heinz W. Engl has been re-elected as rector of the University of Vienna through September 2019.
For the topics of ongoing research both within the groups of the institute and in cooperation between these groups, see Research Groups and Topics
These are generally one-semester programs which are dedicated to varying topics from an applied science in which mathematical methods as represented in the institute are of interest, or to a methodological topic which is of importance to several problem classes from applied sciences. The aim will be that through intensive co-operation between representatives of the applied science and mathematicians, methods will be developed which will firstly further advance the applied science and secondly lead to interesting mathematical results and problems.
For details see Special Semesters
Mission Statement:The Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM)
- does basic research in computational and applied mathematics according to highest international standards
- obtains the motivation for its research topics also from challenges in other scientific fields and industry
- emphasizes interdisciplinary cooperation between its workgroups and with institutions with similar scope and universities world-wide
- cooperates with other disciplines in the framework of special semesters on topics of major current interest
- wishes to attract gifted postdocs from all over the world and to provide an environment preparing them for international careers in academia or industry
- cooperates with universities by involving PhD-students into its research projects
- promotes, through its work and reports about it, the role of mathematics in science, industry and society
Prof. Dr. Ronny Ramlau
Prof. Dr. Karl Kunisch
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Langer
Phone: +43 (0)732 2468 5271
Fax: +43 (0)732 2468 5212
Prof. Dr. Heinz W. Engl
Mobile Phone: +43-(0)664-5209029
The Institute is named after the famous Austrian mathematician Johann Radon (1887-1956)
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Juristische Person öffentlichen Rechts (BGBl 569/1921 idF BGBl I 130/2003)
Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2, 1010 Wien
Diese Website dient zur Information über die wissenschaftlichen Aktivitäten der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften und setzt somit den gesetzlichen Auftrag um, die Wissenschaft in jeder Hinsicht zu fördern.
This RICAM page was made with 100% valid HTML & CSS - Send comments to Webmaster
Today's date and time is 07/31/14 - 21:34 CEST and this file ( /index.html ) was last modified on 02/19/14 - 11:27 CET